What is Makeswift?
At Makeswift we're on a mission to build the best tool for creative minds to bring their ideas to the world. The concept is simple. Combine the experience of a buttery-smooth, elegant design tool with the infrastructure required to go to production.
Instead of mocking up static images and prototypes, build production-ready websites out of live components. Growing team? Version control and real time collaboration. Working with React engineers? Reuse their work by integrating existing components directly into Makeswift. Our vision is to open up our APIs and foster a component ecosystem that will bridge the gap between developers and designers.
What is the role?
Building an end-to-end solution from design to production is no simple task. At Makeswift we're working on difficult and fulfilling problems that span the entire stack. As we've iterated on our product to where it is today, we've done what's necessary to deliver value for our users, many times with the knowledge that these systems would need to be re-thought later at scale.
For this role, we're looking for an engineer that can help us refine our existing solutions and tackle new problems. We need to overhaul our site rendering runtime so that our users' sites can get those A+ lighthouse scores. As bigger teams start using Makeswift to collaborate, we'll need to re-architect our document data structure for more reliable real time editing. We'll also need to invent a new UX for managing concurrent workflows across multiple versions in local and live environments. As a hosting product, the ability to scale and monitor our Kubernetes cluster to handle the load of our users' users is of paramount importance. These are just a few of the many things that we need your help with.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Notice the little things.
- Take extreme ownership in your work.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Want to work with a product-led team.
- Have strong opinions, but welcome change.
- Want a healthy work-life balance.
- Can readily learn most technologies as needed. To you, technologies are tools and not an ideology.
- Consider business implications of anything you build. You're not into chasing trends—you understand the balance between quality, speed, and the bottom line.
- Bonus: You're fluent with the tools below: