If you've logged into Makeswift within the past week, you may have noticed a fresh coat of paint on our user interface. But this update isn't just a reskin. We've reimagined the entire workflow of managing a Makeswift site to set the foundation for 2022 and the features to come. This is a big one.
The primary design goal of this update was to keep you in the builder, always. Quickly switch between pages without leaving the builder, and instantly return after viewing your files, database, or settings. We've also completely redesigned every panel in the right sidebar from scratch.
These are just a few of the changes we've made to Makeswift. View the entire changelog below:
Table/form notifications have been moved into a dialog to give more space to tables.
- Metadata, social image, and snippets have been brought into the builder for each page.
- Page colors have been removed and merged into site colors.
- Typography has been renamed to "Text styles".
- Can manage site colors and text styles when no elements are selected.
- Page styles have been moved here as well.
- You can now remove text style overrides from smaller devices.
- Snippets can now be edited without leaving the builder.
- Also easier to add a snippet to all pages in a site.
You can toggle the input to show a single one that controls all sides or corners, or display 4 separate inputs to control each side or corner.
Updated UI of each input field to hint at which axis is being controlled.
Updated UI to put all controls within each shadow item menu.
Block tags have been redesigned as a normal dropdown to accomodate future new block tags.
Each navigation link has a new panel to set them as a link or dropdown. When set to a dropdown, you'll add subnav items within the same menu.
You can now change the icon for each already added link, rather than have to delete and add a new one.
Our previous update announced that Makeswift sites are now powered by Next.js. With that foundation set, we were able to implement the Next.js image and link components which provide the following improvements to live pages: